Thursday, September 15, 2011

SNL - live from San Tan Valley...































...It's silly spiders, nightengale nests and lollipop lions! As I look over our last three preschool class, I noticed our last letters have been SNL. Just a funny coincidence, although at times kids can be quite entertaining!



We have started our transporation/travel theme for September. We are learning the Spanish as well as the ASL signs for car, bus, helicopter, bicycle and more. I will be updating the you tube page with a catchy little tune this week.



Last class we listened to the famous "Little Engine That Could" story. As I read, children held my feeling plate face to show either a happy smile or a sad frown depending on how the train was feeling. Afterwards, children made their own "I think I can" train.



Children also choose which craft they wanted to do to help them remember the letter/sound /l/. Many of the children were excited with this and I let them do as many as they wanted. There was a lemon card, a licorice card, a lollipop card and a leaf card.



For snack we added lemonade and licorice and children searched for "l"s in the ABC cheezeit crackers. Fun and delicious!



We sang the lollipop song and did a direction following activity with lollipops also along with our e-story to reinforce and remember the /l/ sound.



We had our first show and tell. It went so well! Each child sat in the special share chair to talk while the rest of us listened and asked a few questions. Then we chanted "Thank you" and clapped with approval.


1 comment:

  1. What a great month so far! Jamie is having so much fun learning and I love reading the blog posts! :)

    ReplyDelete